Friday 30 December 2016

Milk Train: London (review)

When whippy ice cream and candy floss meet to form one delicious dessert, you know you're in for a treat. After finding out I was heading to London on a press trip with the Caledonian Sleeper, I frantically googled all things sweet to eat in the big smoke, looking for the top must-try sweet treats. A girl on a mission, I stumbled across the infamous ice cream shop, Milk Train, on Instagram. A lover of sugary treats, I added the small, independent soft serve ice cream eatery to our must-do list.

The Japanese ice cream cafe is located at 44 Bedford Street, London, and serves three different flavours of its scandalously delicious Mr Whippy ice cream including; vanilla, matcha and hojicha.

Opting for the vanilla Mr Whippy style ice cream, it was cloudy with a chance of sprinkles. Topped with hundreds and thousands sprinkles, and rainbow puff candy it resembled what I can only imagine unicorn poop would. A chocolate lover, my boyfriend decided to get crushed Oreo pieces all over his, accompanied with a large chocolate flake, and of course, the novelty candy floss cloud. Both ice creams also came equipped with a tasty cylindrical wafer too.


We probably ended up spending about £9 - £11 on both ice creams by the time we had paid for our extra toppings and candy floss clouds by my god, it was so worth the insane sugar high which hit shortly after I devoured the whole lot.

The cafe is small, and busy, so be prepared to wait. But don't worry, if I can enjoy scoffing my face on a cold November morning and think it's totally worth it, you've got nothing to worry about.

So if you're ice cream doesn't come floating on a cloud of candy floss, covered in sprinkles and puff candy then you're doing ice cream wrong.
  For Now...

Just Julia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Julia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig