Thursday 12 November 2015

Have your CAKE and eat it

Recently I was presented with a gift soo gooey and delicious that if I hadn't have experienced it myself, I would never have believed something so divine could be delivered to my door in record time.

In the name of market research, I offered my tasting services to the lovely artisan cake shop, CAKE, providing them with my guinea pig ways to give them vital feedback on a new service they were to provide to the public, home delivery. 

Now I don't know about you but when Jen, the owner and pastry chef of CAKE, presented me with the opportunity of complimentary chocolate which would be delivered straight to my door (and most importantly would be home by the time I arrived back from work), was simply an opportunity I couldn't refuse.

CAKE, which is based in Aberdeen city centre, is a small artisan cake shop which prides itself on high quality, home-baked goodies. The ethos of the brand oozes Jen's obvious passion for baking, and it is extremely refreshing to see such raw talent catering for a wide audience, especially as she offers a scrumptious gluten-free range too.

I'm not going to lie, I've never been one to fuss over gluten-free products, however on this occasion, I was quite looking forward to sampling my first ever gluten-free brownies.

Only expecting one brownie in my mysterious box, I was pleasantly surprised by its size. Laying seductively on my bed, those brownies were ready for me to devour them. Opening the box I was presented with FOUR strategically placed brownies, hidden slightly by internal packaging, to ensure they would survive the journey.

Included were three different flavours; Chocolate orange, chocolate marshmallow and chocolate caramel, all gluten-free.
As expected, I couldn't bring myself to demolish all four brownies in one sitting. So one by one, throughout the week they quickly disappeared. On feasting, all of the brownies were moist on the inside and crisper on the outside, and extremely chocolatey - which is exactly how I like them. The marshmallows were gooey and the taste of orange was strong, yet not over-powering. I was surprised how well they kept due to the fact it took me a wee while to get through them, this told me a lot about their ingredients and packaging - high quality.

I am no brownie expert by any means, but in my eyes, they were very well baked, well packaged, and  were on my mind for days after consumption. The brownies are very rich and filling and one could easily be shared between two, not that I was going to share. CAKE really did hit the nail on the head with these bad boys. They have since then launched their Christmas cakes and have stocked up big time on their brandy. As far as quality and taste goes, Jen, keep doing what you're doing.
P.S. thanks for the brownies!

  For now...

Just Julia


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Julia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig