Sunday 8 May 2016

Definition Clinic (Aberdeen): Review

Over the past few years Aberdeen has experienced an influx in new entrepreneurial businesses popping up all over the city, offering individuals something a little different and adding character to the area.

One area in particular which has grown exceedingly is the West End of Aberdeen. Now a communal hub of new business, the Claremont and St Swithin Street area has flourished over the past two years, churning out some of Aberdeen's most popular cafes and fashionable wedding dress shops to date.

Definition skin and laser clinic , which is situated on Chattan Place, is a professional skin and laser clinic based in the West End, providing solutions to skin issues. Headed up by owner, Lucy Tuck, the experienced team provides a professional service in a relaxing, stylish environment. The clinic, which consists of relaxing sea blue interiors through a wash of white, instantly relaxes you, allowing the whole experience to be as calming as possible.
The clinic's name, 'Definition', is central to owner, Lucy Tuck's vision, proclaiming that beauty need only be enhanced, thus, the treatments the clinic boasts only ever help add to the individuals true , natural beauty.

Established in 2009, moving into the Chattan Place premises just over a year ago, Lucy and her team have worked tirelessly to continue to make the salon into the success it is today. Inviting me along to see what all the fuss was about on Thursday afternoon, I realised how dramatically the building had changed and how she had transformed the space into a harmonious, tranquil sanctuary.

With three treatment rooms, a nail bar and a reception area, the clinic is a busy wee place and it is recommended you book your appointment in advance as the therapists are usually booked up in advance.

On arrival to the clinic, Gail, who has over 15 years experience in the industry, took me through my initial consultation, investigating the type of skin I had and the products I would usually use. Unbeknown to her, her nightmare client sat eagerly in front of her.

I have never really taken my skin regime seriously, and when it comes to being consistent with it ans using toners, cleansers and exfoliators its pretty much non-existent. Shocking I know...Makeup wipes and bar of soap is usually what I use to wash my face, and the odd exfoliator, however after the looks on Gail's face, I knew I was about to be informed of what my skin really needs, and why I need to take more time in caring for it. Addressing any of my concerns about my skin which consisted of me questioning her how to get rid of blackheads, Gail talked me through why exfoliating, cleansing and toning is vital in keeping cells healthy to ensure their elasticity for the future.

Carrying on from the consultation, Gail informed me about my Dermalux™LED Phototherapy treatment which I was receiving for the first time. Lying on the cosy therapy bed, an obscure machine was placed above and around my head, kind of making you feel like you'd stuck half of your head in a plant pot, but a nice, clean, quirky looking plant pot at that.
I don't really have many skin problems in all honesty, I'm extremely lucky in that respect especially for not looking after it the way I should, however this specific treatment is said to be excellent for all skin types and is great for those who suffer from acne, eczema, psoriasis and many other skin concerns.
Using three coloured wavelengths of viable light with rejuvenating benefits, the treatment is non-invasive, allowing skin cells to absorb the light, using it as a source of energy to fuel and repair damaged cells or kill bacteria. It's a natural biochemical reaction, very similar to that of plant photosynthesis, so when I say you feel refreshed after it, it might not all be down to the endorphins the bright light usually triggers.

The process, which results in radiant, youthful and naturally healthy skin, stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, boosting circulation and accelerating tissue repair. Lasting 20 minutes, the treatment is beneficial to all skin types and can help injured skin cells return to optimum health.

The treatment makes your face feel warm, almost as if you are sunbathing on a beautiful beach, this is due to the stimulation of blood circulation and no, before you ask, the light does not give you a tan. However, it does stimulate the blood circulation and cell hydration, giving skin a healthy, radiant glow. The treatment is highly relaxing and helped relieve a lot of stress. During the treatment I was given a small pair of goggles to wear to block the light from your eyes, however, the light is not damaging to eyes, as bright as it is.
There are no side effects with the treatments and due to the treatment boasting LED lights, it cannot damage the skin,

As an added extra I was offered a complimentary foot massage or an arm and hand massage throughout the appointment. Lying there feeling like I was on a beautiful hot beach on an exotic island, Gail massaged my arms and hands almost sending me to sleep. Thank god the appointment is only 20 minutes long or I would have been snoozing!

With regard to results, I instantly saw a difference. My face was slightly red (which was anticipated and explained to me in advance), however, my skin felt very plump and hydrated. It definitely felt like the treatment had made a difference and even a few days after the treatment I still felt my skin looked flawless.

The best part about this treatment is that you can put your make up on straight after. Gail had mentioned many of her clients get this treatment just before they go on a night out which I'd never thought of! With phototherapy the results are cumulative and improvement will continue even after the treatment has stopped. You can take treatments in quick succession to achieve optimum results and because the treatment doesn't harm the skin there is no limit to the amount of treatments you have.

Definition has rapidly expanded its offering to clients, allowing them opportunities to experience a greater variety of luxury services. Other services at the clinic include; advanced PRIORI skin peers, laser/IPL hair removal, skin rejuvenation, aesthetic treatments like Harley waxing, VITAGE facials, massages, manicures and gel polishes.

The clinic offers complimentary consultations, allowing the therapists to design a plan best suited to your skins needs. If you're interested in booking in for a consultation call the salon on 01224 433111 - you'll be in great hands!
  For Now...

Just Julia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Julia

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig